The Skhoop Skirt


The Skhoop Skirt

My good friend Kirsten lives in Alaska and told me for a few years ago that Sage To Summit should sell Skhoop Skirts.  I didn’t “get it”.  Skhoop skirts are insulated skirts designed to be an outwear piece.  Hummm, an insulated outerwear skirt?  I thought to myself, maybe it’s an Alaskan thing.   My opinion quickly changed when I went to the Outdoor Retailer show and saw these cute girls walking around in insulated mini skirts.  I tracked them down and asked if they were from Alaska.  They promptly pointed me to the Skhoop Booth, where I saw a tall blond Nordic goddess, Osa, surrounded by people placing orders for these unique insulated skirts.  My opinion quickly changed when I saw the mini skirts.  Oh my, they are cute.  There is a two-way zipper in the front, which makes them really easy to put on over jeans, long underwear, running pants, or tights.  I am not comfortable walking around town in my winter running tights, it’s not my best look.  Sometimes circumstances dictate that there is not time to change after a workout.  That is where the Skhoop is genius.  After skiing, running, climbing, I put on this cute insulated mini.  I’m psyched to be warm while wearing cute clothes when there isn’t time to change.  After wearing the Skhoop for a few years, I found there are many uses in addition to the post workout wear.  Here are some I’ve discovered:
Here I am bouldering in my Skhoop Mini
This is my son Cosmo and I had to share his cuteness.  The only relationship this picture has with Skhoop Skirts is that it was taken when I was wearing my insulated mini.

Labels: , , , ,